Most of us dream of having six-pack abs that will make everyone go “Wowww…Look at that !!” every time you take your shirts off.
And surprisingly, it’s way easier than you think of.
Just do these simple exercises regularly and enjoy jaw-dropping reactions as you take your shirt off.
1. Crab Toe touches
This exercise with such a funny name is as fishy as it sounds. The crab toe touches are one of the best cardio moves to train your lower back, glutes, and hamstrings
It can also help you develop impressive core-strength, increase stamina and also boost your metabolism.
How to perform Crab Toe Touches?
- You have to sit down with your knees bent and feet together. Also, place your hands behind you.
- Then, lift your hips off the floor kicking your right leg up. And touching your right leg with your left hand.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same step with your left leg and right arm.
- If you want to double the effort, try to lift your hips as high as possible and keep your core engaged.
Steady breathing is essential too, but it comes itself as you start doing this exercise regularly
While we were on the topic of exercises with a strange name, here comes the other installation for you.
If you do it with proper form, it can set your core on fire. It works in different areas (of your abdominals) improving your balance, stability, increasing your stamina and most importantly tightening your belly.
How to perform Dead Bug?
- Lie in your back with your arms extended towards the ceiling and your knees bent 90 degrees angled (or perpendicular ) and stacked over your hips.
- Now, slowly extend your right leg out straight. While your left arm over your head as shown in figure(B).
- Now, slowly get back to the initial position and do the same thing with your left leg and right arm.
Things to remember:-
The key here is to keep your lower back pressed to the floor at all times. And keep your legs and arms a few inches above the ground when you lower them As shown in the infographic below.
Now comes the exercises which I have mentioned in various articles on this site before.
Doing heel taps at least 3 times a week can tone your abs, glutes and hip flexors.
This exercise targets your lower abs specifically making it more stable.
This exercise is pretty easier
compared to the other two.
How to Perform Heel Taps?
- Just lie on your back with your arms on your side and extend your legs straight over your hips.
- From here, your job is to lower your legs one at a time and touch the floor.
Make sure, your legs are completely straight and don’t hurry.
The slower you bring your heels down, the better work your lower abs get.
Plus use your palms to keep your body stable.
This is a pretty challenging exercise so, it’s better to do it gradually.
If you are beginner, start with 5-10 reps, then you can move on to 10-15. And a week later, you can do 15 or more of that according to your determination
In any case, it works your abdominal muscles, strengthens your spine as a bonus.
How to perform Heel Taps?
- Lie on your back with your legs extended and your knees together.
- Put your arms straight over your head, breathe in and lift them up and forward.
- Slowly rolling up to a sitting position.
- Freeze for a second, Breathe out and return back to the initial position.
If you wanna make the exercise more hardcore, you can always use an elastic band.
Any exercise with raising your legs off the floor is exactly what you need if you want to get dreamy abs. And v ups are the best you can find! This exercise mainly challenges your rectus abdominis but also works out your hip flexors and obliques.
How to do V-Ups?
- Lie on the floor with your legs stretched out and your feet together.
- From here, lift yourself up with the help of your elbows.
- Lift your feet upward as well and make a v-shape with your body.
- Freeze in this position for about 5 seconds and slowly lower your legs and let your upper body rest on your elbows. (The biggest mistake peoples make while doing this exercise it straining their neck. Never do that! )
- Your arms and legs shouldn’t be bend either. Steady breathing will make the exercise a bit easier, so breathe out as you make the v-shape and breathe in as you lower your body back into the initial position.
Now, I have another 5 abs exercises for you to change things up or mix and match.
6. Reverse curls
For some reason, not many peoples know about this highly effective exercise. Still, reverse curls can make a huge difference for your body!
This exercise focuses mainly on your abdomens making your lower muscles more stronger and more prominent.
Performing this exercise is no piece of cake, so read carefully.
How to perform Reverse Curls?
- You should start by lying on your back with your hands by your side and your head lifted off the floor just slightly.
- Lift your legs in the air as well, keeping your knees and hips bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Then, bring your knees toward your chins so that your lower back lifts off the floor a bit. Stay in this position for a couple of seconds then lower your legs back down.
This exercise gives the best result if you
Perform it in 2 or 3 sets keep on mind that you should squeeze your abs
For every curl. If you feel the pain during the exercise, stop it right away and move on to the next one.
7. Mountain climber
If you don’t have time to climb a real mountain, you can fake it to make your body better.
It is a compound exercise meaning that it takes care of multiple muscles at the same time. This includes your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and core muscles (of course).
Moreover, it is perfect for building lower body strength which is exactly what you need.
How to perform Mountain Climber Exercise?
- Start off in a high plank with your hands shoulder-width apart and your legs extended.
- From here, draw your right knee to your chest, go back to the initial position and do the same with your left leg.
- Continue switching like that and feel your core getting stronger!
The most important thing is to keep your back flat and increase the speed slowly. This way, your lower abs will get the work of their life!
8. Bicycle crunches
They are one of the most popular exercises for any training session imaginable!
It workouts every bit of your upper body, from your shoulders to your lower abs.
It doesn’t only make them stronger but also tones them up for you to make you look even cooler.
You probably know how to do them, but in case if you don’t know that, here is it.
How to perform Bicycle crunches?
- Lie on your back and extend one of your legs forward bringing the opposite knee towards your chest.
- Then, keeping your elbow behind your head touch the knee with your opposite elbow,
- Repeat the same thing for your opposite knee and elbow.
- To make sure that your lower abs are targetted and worked the hardest, keep your feet off the ground the whole time.
9. Hip Bridges
It works wonders for maintaining your core stabilizer muscles and these, of course, include your lower abs!
They also help you deal with lower back pain, knee pain, and muscle imbalance.
How to do Hip Bridges with proper form?
Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet shoulder-width apart.
Lift your hips and pull your torso forward, creating a diagonal line between your knees and shoulder. Hold this position for 5 seconds and lower your hips back to the floor. To make the most out of it, squeeze the Glutes throughout the exercise and choose a slower pace.
10. Starfish plank
Remember, if an Abs workout does not have a plank, it is not a good workout. So, to finish off your training session with the best kind of plank for lower abs “Star Plank”.
How to do Starfish plank Exercise?
All you have to do is, get into a push-up position and get your arms and feet as far apart as you can to make a star shape.
Try to maintain this position for at least 30 seconds to your abdominal muscles. If you wanna change it up, you can always do the same thing in a side plank position.
That was all I had for you in this article. Above 10 exercises will for sure help you get those strong and visible abs.
But, as we all know.
No pain no gain! Be consistent about your training and you will quickly see your body transform!