Muffin top! Love Handles! SPARE TIRE!
However, you refer to that stubborn fat that accumulates on your belly and lowers back. There is one thing which we need to agree on! It needs to go!
So, How about a few simple at-home exercises that will help you chisel your waistline in a week? Also considering that your food intake also should be weight loss-friendly.
Try them out for yourself.
1. Jumping Burpees
How to perform Jumping Burpees?
- Stand straight with your feet together. Bend at the knees and put your hands on the ground.
- Then kick your feet back, behind you such that you end up in a straight-arm plank. [As shown in fig(A)]
- After a moment, pull your feet back in towards your chest, quickly stand up, and immediately jump up while reaching your hands towards the ceiling and clap.
- Lower yourself back into the initial position and then repeat from there.
What are the Benefits of doing burpees?
Do 3sets of 15 reps each.
2. Bicycle Crunches
How to perform Bicycle Crunches?
- Lie down on your back and bend your legs so that your shins are parallel to the ground.
- Raise your chest up and lift your shoulders off the mat. Keep your hands behind your head with your elbows out.
- Move your bend right leg toward your chest and simultaneously straighten your left leg so that it’s parallel to the floor.
- While doing that, move your left shoulder toward your right knee.
- Remember that your elbow should remain out to the sides-this way, your stomach Will have to strain the most.
Which part of your body do bicycle crunches work?
》Bicycle crunches particularly work the side of your stomach and hips.
Do 3 sets with 10-20reps.
3. Kneeling Vaccum
How to perform Kneeling Vaccum?
- Kneel on the floor with your bum resting on your heels.
- Put your hands to the sides of your legs and pull your shoulders back [as shown in the fig (1)]
- Now, imagine that you need to touch your spine with your belly button and suck your stomach in as far as possible. If you can’t pull it in very far at first, don’t sweat it! Your results will improve in time.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds if you’ve never done it before. Otherwise, you can do it for 30 seconds.
Should we breathe or not while performing a kneeling vacuum?
》Some people don’t breathe while doing this exercise, while others try not to interrupt their normal breathing. Choose whichever way is more comfortable for you, but don’t relax your stomach muscles.
This seemingly simple technique works like magic if you need to reduce your midsection, Shrink your waistline and carve your abdominal muscles.
Repeat this exercise 5 times before taking a break. If you have been very good at it, you can do 10 reps and then stop for 1 minute.
4. Side plank
How to perform Side Plank?
- Lie on your right side and lean on your elbow so that it’s directly below your shoulder.
- Lift your hips and hold your weight on your right elbow and foot. (If this is too hard for you at the beginning, bend your right leg and rest it on the floor while keeping your left leg straight- this will help you absorb some of the weight until you build up your strength.)
- And finally, reach your left hand up toward the ceiling.
What does Side Plank Exercise work?
》Just like a traditional plank, this exercise works your stomach muscles, as well as your back, glutes, and core. But most of all, the side plank focuses more on your obliques, which is a sure-fire way to get rid of love handles.
Try to hold this one for 15 to 60 seconds on each side. Do at least 4 reps.
How to perform Swimmers Exercise?
- Lie down on your stomach with your arms stretched out in front of you and shoulder-width apart.
- Your feet should be hip-width apart on the mat. Tense your stomach muscles and lift your left arm and right leg up at the same time.
- Leave them in the air for 2 to 3 seconds, and then lower them back to the ground. Do the same thing with your right arm and left leg in the air.
- Do 10 reps of 5 counts on each side.
How to make ‘Swimmers’ Exercise harder?
If you wanna break a sweat and burn more fat, alternate your legs and 20 times on each side without letting them touch the ground. Then do some slow movements.
This exercise will take care of any
Lower back fat. It sculpts your rear end as an added bonus!
6. Russian twist
How to do Russian Twist with proper form?
- Sit down on the mat with your legs together and knees slightly bent. Lean your upper body back, and hold your legs off the ground.
- You can bend your arms over your chest or hold them straight out in front of you- whichever you feel most comfortable doing at first.
- Now, slowly twist your torso and arms to the left side.
- Hold it there for 3 seconds, then return to the initial position.
- Repeat the movement on the other side.
- Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
By the way, if you do the Russian twist with some weight in your hands, either it’s a dumbbell or just a gallon of water, you’ll burn calories and build muscle mass at a much faster rate!
How to do Woodchoppers with proper form?
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your core engaged. You’ll need something with some weight to it to hold in your hands. Again, a medicine ball or a jug of water will do. Whatever it is, make sure you can get a good safe grip on it.
- Now, twist your torso to the right and hold the weight above your right shoulder.
- Then, turn your body and squat down while bringing the weight to the outside of your left knee. Go back up to the right, and repeat. (Keep your eyes on the way so that you don’t lose your balance. Also, if you’re a beginner don’t pick a heavyweight; otherwise, it can lead to a bad rotator cuff injury.)
- Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps on each side.
8. Reverse Crunches
How to perform Reverse Crunches?
- Lie down on the ground, lift your legs in the air and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your abdominal muscles tight and place your hands on the floor right next to your hips.
- Engage your lower abs to pull your knees up toward your chest.
- At the top of the movement, raise your hips up in the air so that your lower abs and buttocks come off the ground by a couple inches. Pause at the top for a few seconds.
- Then slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.
What muscles does Reverse crunches work?
Just like regular crunches, the reversed ones work the front of your abs, but they especially hit your lower abdominal muscles.
Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps each.
Aim to do this workout 4-5 times a week.
Well, that was 8 of the abs exercises that I have for you to try out. But don’t just stop reading thinking now This guy is gonna talk some Bulls**ts to increase the length of the content. I have somethings pretty helpful for ya’
It would be better to throw in some moderate-intensity aerobic activities, like swimming, jogging, or cycling. That’ll really kick up the fat-burning process so that that love handles melt right off!
And, of course, you’ll need to change your diet a little if you don’t want that fat coming right back or not leaving at all!
First of all, cut down your calorie intake. It doesn’t have to be too drastic- 500 fewer calories a day means you will start to lose about 1 to 2 pounds a week.
Avoid eating processed food and fried food. It’s usually high in added sugars, preservatives, and additives. You will also wanna stay away from